Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Chalkboard Storage Tubs from Upcycled Wipes

We go though a TON of Pampers wipes around here.

I try to make a valiant effort to conserve and buy wipe refills, but inevitably the tubs come up missing and we end up buying a replacement tub.



Pin It

The kiddo's love to store their valuables in these tubs. Recently they've accumulated quite a few.

Can I tell you how frustrating it is to open (what you think is) a box of wipes (mid-diaper change) only to discover it's full of cars, or puzzle pieces, or bells?

I needed a way to visually separate their storage tubs from the actual wipes.

Here was my solution:Pin It

The kids LOVE scribbling on them. And, I haven't mistaken a tub of crayons for wipes since!

10 comments:

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

What a smart organization tool! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

Charmain said...

Thanks Alison! I imagine I'm not the only person w/ little kiddos that has a bunch of these tubs floating around the house!! It's nice to find a way to re-use them.

Carla at Preschool Powol Packets said...

How fun! I think they look a TON better with the paint, too!

Claire @ a little something in the meantime . . . said...

Great idea! I thought you spray painted the tubs that bright blue as well but I guess they come in that colour!

Claire @ alittlesomethinginthemeantime.blogspot.com

P.S. I love the little elephant sitting beside your stack of tubs. Cute photo styling!

Earning-My-Cape said...

Great idea!!!
I'm stopping by from Tutu's & Tea Parties Link party. :-)

Feel free to check out my new blog at http://earning-my-cape.blogspot.com/

Lauren said...

Hi! I am so happy to share with you that this post was the most clicked link over at A Pinteresting Party! Thanks so much for linking up. You were featured this week:

http://tutusandteaparties.blogspot.com/2012/03/pinteresting-party-week-32.html

ahmed said...

داخلي وخاصة المحتويات التي تتكون من خيوط وأقمشة متشابكة مثل التنجيد والستائر.
إن استخدام مواد التنظيف غير الضارة كاهتمامنا بالنظافة لا يؤثر على صحة أطفالنا دون علمنا.شركة النجوم لخدمات التنظيف
شركة تنظيف فلل بمكة
شركة تنظيف شقق بمكة
شركة تنظيف بيوت بمكة

Unknown said...

Great idea!

Unknown said...

Great job for sharing on how to do chalkboard storage tubs from upcycled wipes.
- James, Charlotte Land Surveyors
https://www.landsurveyorcharlotte.com

Unknown said...

Wow! This is amazing. Great post about turning wipes into storage.

We do land surveying in Albuquerque, New Mexico. For more information about our surveying services, click here.
- Zachary Costello, Albuquerque Land Surveyors