Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Chalkboard Storage Tubs from Upcycled Wipes

We go though a TON of Pampers wipes around here.

I try to make a valiant effort to conserve and buy wipe refills, but inevitably the tubs come up missing and we end up buying a replacement tub.



Pin It

The kiddo's love to store their valuables in these tubs. Recently they've accumulated quite a few.

Can I tell you how frustrating it is to open (what you think is) a box of wipes (mid-diaper change) only to discover it's full of cars, or puzzle pieces, or bells?

I needed a way to visually separate their storage tubs from the actual wipes.

Here was my solution:Pin It

The kids LOVE scribbling on them. And, I haven't mistaken a tub of crayons for wipes since!

6 comments:

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

What a smart organization tool! Thanks for sharing at oopsey daisy!

Charmain said...

Thanks Alison! I imagine I'm not the only person w/ little kiddos that has a bunch of these tubs floating around the house!! It's nice to find a way to re-use them.

Carla at Preschool Powol Packets said...

How fun! I think they look a TON better with the paint, too!

Claire said...

Great idea! I thought you spray painted the tubs that bright blue as well but I guess they come in that colour!

Claire @ alittlesomethinginthemeantime.blogspot.com

P.S. I love the little elephant sitting beside your stack of tubs. Cute photo styling!

Earning My Cape said...

Great idea!!!
I'm stopping by from Tutu's & Tea Parties Link party. :-)

Feel free to check out my new blog at http://earning-my-cape.blogspot.com/

Tutus & Tea Parties said...

Hi! I am so happy to share with you that this post was the most clicked link over at A Pinteresting Party! Thanks so much for linking up. You were featured this week:

http://tutusandteaparties.blogspot.com/2012/03/pinteresting-party-week-32.html