Sunday, December 11, 2011

Monogram Gift Labels




I'll admit it. I have a slight obsession with monograms.

I love them.

And, Pinterest has only added to that obsession. A girl could get lost pinning on that site.

Growing up in a rather large family {10 kids} Christmas was always a magical holiday. Presents were stacked to the ceiling. By Christmas morning, our living room looked like Santa brought his entire workshop of toys and left them for us.

As kids, when we weren't trying to figure out what was in each box, we were busy counting each present with our name on it.

My mom was smart. She knew the kid mantra "quantity over quality" when it comes to kid gifts - she wrapped EVERYTHING individually.

Christmas morning was mayhem.

What does this have to do with monograms, you say?

My kiddos are little. Monograms are perfect for little munchkins learning letters. Ask a kid their favorite letter, I guarantee it will be the first letter of their name!


Pin It

After discovering this stack of round Avery labels taking up space in one of my craft drawers I couldn't resist turning them into monograms.

I pulled out my supply of Christmas wrapping paper and found this darling green paper with dots.


Pin It

I attached my monogram label to the big dots, and cut out the rest. I glued all the dots to card-stock and cut them out again. Then finished with a hole punched through the top.



My little munchkins have been arranging and re-arranging the packages under the tree. They LOVE seeing their "letter" and knowing which package belongs to them.



Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments: