Friday, December 23, 2011

Emergency Card Kit

A few years ago, a co-worker of mine dropped of a little sealed packet on my desk. I don't remember if it was for any reason or holiday in particular, but she was thoughtful like that.

This fun little packet was an "Emergency Greeting Card Kit." It contained a birthday card, sympathy card, congratulations card, thank you card, and a few blank cards.

What a great idea! This little "kit" came in so handy. She had purchased this set, but wouldn't it be so much more fun to make your own?

Pin It

This also would make an easy last-minute neighbor or friend gift.

In Case of Greeting Card Emergency:
1. Untie card pouch.
2. Open card.
3. Sign name.
4. Seal and send.

I've taken some craft paper and cardstock, cut it slightly larger than a standard greeting card with the back piece long enough to fold over the top to create a flap. I punched a few holes around the edges and threaded a ribbon through. It's as simple as that!

Although I filled mine with cards I had purchased, this would be great filled up with your own handmade cards.

Pin It

Yet another craft where I've used those round Avery Labels I've got so many of.

This little pouch is made up from the scraps of the Emergency Card Kit. It's the perfect size to tuck a candy cane or some other treat into.



Follow Me on <span class=

No comments: