Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day gifts were so fun and EASY to make this year. I didn't want this gift to end up in that pile of never used or "re-gifted" stuff.

I've discovered that my mother-in-law LOVES crocheted stuff and natural soaps. Easy! A crocheted cotton washcloth and a bar of Walnut Apothecary Soap tied with Jute.





My mom, on the other hand, isn't as easy when it comes to gift giving. However, a few months ago my mom said she'd ordered me a subscription to Better Homes & Gardens, and wouldn't you know, the FIRST issue I received was the Mother's Day issue with some great ideas.

Their cardbox and calendar idea is PERFECT for my mom. She's got so many birthdays, anniversaries, events, and holiday's to remember this will help keep everything in one place.



A photobox, some labels, cards for every occasion, and a calendar printed on craft paper later....



I had some trouble getting the calendar to print from the BH&G website, so I made my own. If you'd like a blank copy of it, email me at aGirlandherNeedle(at)gmail(dot)com.



No comments: